Do I need a fishing license?
- If you are 17 years of age or older, you need a fishing license to fish in Michigan. If you are younger than 17 years of age, you may fish without a license, but you are required to observe all fishing rules and regulations.
- Single Day fishing licenses can be purchased online at http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/Welcome/Default.aspx for $10. Non resident anglers must also purchase the Sportcard for $1
- Online licenses can either be printed out, or saved to your smartphone in PDF format.
- Fishing Licenses are also available 24 hours at retailers such as Walmart
How many fish can we catch?
- You are allowed to catch the daily bag limit of salmon and trout per angler as defined in the current Fishing Guide. For 2016 the total is 5 fish per person, with no more than 3 of those 5 fish being Lake Trout, Steelhead or Brown Trout.
- Perch Limits are 35 per person.
What should I bring?
- Your valid fishing license
- Cooler with drinks and snacks for yourself. Alcohol is OK
- Cooler for transporting your catch home
- Soft soled shoes
- Cold weather or rain gear if conditions warrant
What is your cancellation policy?
- Trips cancelled by the customer prior to three weeks before the scheduled charter date will receive a full refund
- Trips cancelled by the customer within three weeks of the schedule charter date will be assessed a booking fee
- Trips cancelled by the captain due to weather will be rescheduled or depost will be fully refunded
- Only the captain makes the call regarding the weather
- No Show’s are full rate plus tip
What about bad weather?
- We do fish in the rain, snow, sun, and fog….the fish do not care, they are already wet!
- If the captain feels there is an imminent danger to the safety of the vessel or it’s passengers, he will discuss options with the customer at that time.
- The captain will not make decisions regarding the weather based upon long range weather forecasts. The captain will take into great consideration your travel plans if you are coming in from out of town, but most cancelled trips due to the weather are done no earlier than the day before or the day of the fishing charter.
Do you clean our fish for us?
- Yes, fish cleaning back at the dock is provided for no extra charge. Your fish will be cleaned, and bagged for you to transport home
- Yellow perch are limited to 20 fish cleaned only. The customer is responsible for cleaning the remainder of their catch.